Monday 22 August 2011

Autumnal feeling

Distinct feeling of autumn in the air this morning, soon it will be time for those rolling mists that swirl above the rive Wye below the field so the world is divided in two, hills above the clouds and field below. Lots of autumnal mustard colours in the field, lots of cobwebs in the hedges.

But the bees are still working hard, and yesterday they found me just that bit too irritating. There are so many in the field, buzzing about every flowerhead, that I sometimes feel guilty as I pick their current larder and force them elsewhere. Yesterday I was deadheading some poppies and deadheaded a bee as well. My hand was temporarily deservedly sore.

Top of my wish list for next year is to build a much much larger more efficient flower studio!


No comments:

Post a Comment